We are so excited to do our first build challenges virtually! We hope to give you an idea of what we do at Brick League and spark an interest into these build challanges. The ones here will be a little different than we do during sessions. For our sessions we dive deep into a STEM foundation of each build challenge. For this one here, we will give you a simple challenge and let you all rise to the occasion. I mean, its Halloween, who doesnt want to build some spooky things? Consider adding your friends to the page as submissions will be posted and voted on. The most votes for each week wins, and the more the merrier? Ahem, spookier?
WEEK ONE CHALLENGE: JACK-O-LANTERN!!!
Pumpkins with ghoulish faces and illuminated by candles are a sure sign of the Halloween season. Did you know the practice of decorating jack-o'-lanterns originated in Ireland, where large turnips and potatoes served as early canvasses. In fact, the name, jack-o'-lantern, comes from an Irish folktale about a man named Stingy Jack. Irish immigrants brought the tradition to America, home of the pumpkin, and it became an integral part of Halloween festivities ever since!
Be as creative as you want. Think outside the box on these challenges. Remember, they will be voted on to determine the winner. So, add your friends and family, and get your LEGO ready for some Halloween fun! No shares necessary, or likes of a page, just some good Halloween fun with LEGO! Be sure to add yourself to our email list to get the blog updates- those will have the rest of the challenges posted!!
Entries are due the Thursday by 9pm of the current challenge week (see calendar below).
You do not need to participate in every week.
You do not need to be a member of Brick League to enter.
One submission per person. Multiple family members can submit.
Please be original, no LEGO kits/sets.
Voting will start Friday, and winner for that week will be announced Sunday. Next challenge begins the Saturday during the time of voting. For example: First challenge starts October 1. Submissions by Thursday, October 6. Voting starts Friday, October 7th. Next challenge starts Saturday, October 8th. Winner announced Sunday, October 9th.
Entries can be submitted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our facebook page @heybrickleague.
Winners must send mailing address by the Wednesday after announcement of winning or prize will be forfeited, or arrange to pick up that same week. Pick up will be at Tucker Recreation Center during league session hours.
A facebook post with the photos will be added each challenge week, followers of Brick League or anyone visiting the page can vote on the design they like best. Most votes/"likes" wins. Name of the participant will be included on each photo.
Prizes are as follows: Week 1-LEGO Ideas Book (msrp $24.99), Week 2-LEGO Rainbow Bricks 1000 Piece Puzzle (msrp $17.99), Week 3-Golden LEGO Keychain (msrp $12.97), Week 4- LEGO LEGO Minifigure Banana Guy Plush (msrp $20.99). See prizes below.
If entering for a child, please list their first name and age, last name is not necessary and will not be shared. Only information shared with photo will be the name.
Please read the terms and conditions below, when submitting your photo please "acknowledge you have read and accept the terms and conditions" in the body of your email.
Terms, and all the Legal Jargon:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up/submit at the www.thebrickleage.com and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry or accompanied by an adult during submission. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Georgia and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Brick League, LLP its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”) are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Brick League, LLP as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 1 (week 1), October 8 (week 2), October 15 (week 3), October 22 (week 4), and ending/winners announced October 9 (week 1), October 16 (week 2), October 23 (week 3), and October 30 (week 4) respective to each weeks challenge dates. All online entries must be received by October 6 (week 1) , October 13 (week 2), October 20 (week 3), October 27 (week 4).
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the emailing email@example.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Brick League, LLP. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Brick League, LLP.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive [Week 1-LEGO Ideas Book (msrp $24.99), Week 2-LEGO Rainbow Bricks 1000 Piece Puzzle (msrp $17.99), Week 3-Golden LEGO Keychain (msrp $12.97), Week 4- LEGO LEGO Minifigure Banana Guy Plush (msrp $20.99) ]. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Brick League, LLP. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Brick League, LLP discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Brick League, LLP to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by community vote under the supervision of Brick League, LLP. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Brick League, LLP shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT BRICK LEAGUE, LLP‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Brick League, LLP, anyone acting on behalf of Brick League, LLP, and Brick League, LLP’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Brick League, LLP. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Brick League, LLP from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Brick League, LLP may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Brick League, LLP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Brick League, LLP ’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Brick League, LLP may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Brick League, LLP . Brick League, LLP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Brick League, LLP has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made,Brick League, LLP reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Brick League, LLP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE US AND GEORGIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Brick League, LLP having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. The Campaign hosted by Brick League, LLP is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
13. By submission of your photo, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.